Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Tuesday update


Thank you for your prayers. They got me through a very long day on Tuesday. Started with Breakfast at 6:30 AM. Included 5 hours on the trains, meetings all day, and back to the hotel at 10:00 PM. Good meetings with all of our missionaries and national staff in the Tokyo area. I have a 7:00 AM breakfast with one more family Wednesday morning.

As I traveled back and forth across Tokyo (see picture from the Ikebukuro train station), a song came to my mind as I watched millions of Japanese people going through the "motions" of a work day not knowing the love and saving power of Jesus Christ:

Matthew West:

I don’t wanna go through the motions
I don’t wanna go one more day
Without Your all consuming passion inside of me
I don’t wanna spend my whole life asking
What if I had given everything?
Instead of going through the motions

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qaHmiFaX_pk

Todays prayer requests:

  • Meeting for breakfast is a good time relationally and seeking input for Asian Access
  • Flight to Singapore is on time and safety
  • Can get some work done on the airplane
  • Tranfer Wednesday night from the airport to the hotel
  • Initial meetings with people on Wednesday night

Thank you!

No comments: