Thursday, March 17, 2011

Update from Vietnam

Thank you for your prayers. Our meetings continue to go well here. Today we had a time of interaction on what it means to be a Christ-like leader led by our Indian national director. Then, this afternoon we had a chance to get out of the hotel for a few hours and see some of the countryside. We had a great time of community building as we rode a bus and took a boat ride on the Mekong river.

Tomorrow is our last day of meetings and I'd appreciate your prayers that we are able to accomplish all we have hoped. In particular I'll be leading a segment on how to measure how we are doing. I'd appreciate your prayers for insight on how to best approach this topic cross culturally.

Also, in the midst of all of this, I'm working in full crisis mode with our people in Japan. We have a great team of missionaries there who are doing a tremendous job working with a church based relief effort. In fact, tomorrow some of our people will be heading into the hard hit areas to deliver aid. This in the midst of the nuclear disaster. Please pray that our missionaries are not impacted by any release of radiation. At this point, they all feel quite safe and are planning to stay put. But we do have evacuation plans in place should that be necessary.

Pray for Lori and I as we hope our flights back are not impacted by the craziness right now. We don't head back until Monday. So until then are just monitoring the situation.

No comments: