Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Arrival in Japan


I love arriving in Japan. It always feels kind of like returning home. Even though it has been 25 years since I lived here, a part of me will always think of Japan as home. Flying in over the coast and then making that landing at Narita airport--I've done it so many times--is a very good feeling. The Japanese say "kimochi ga ii" which somehow captures the emotion better than anything I say to myself in English.

My flight was smooth and uneventful, which is what you want! Several A2 folks were on the plane including our president's family, executive assistant, and our staff psychologist. So it was fun being together.

As I post this I'm settling down for, prayerfully, a good night sleep at a hotel near the airport. Tomorrow I get up and trek about 75 miles north of here to Karuizawa. More about that once I'm there.

Key Prayer Request: Good sleep as I adjust to the jump to a time zone 17 hours ahead of Los Angeles. Safe travel via bus, train and taxi to the conference location.

No comments: