Monday, September 06, 2010

Finished in Cape Town

First, let me thank you for your prayers over the last week. Without them I would never have made it through very rigorous days. But by God's grace the long days and intense discussions have been productive. We have solved many challenges, and identified the details that must be addressed in the next three weeks. Yes, believe it or not, three weeks from now I'll be landing again in Cape Town, this time for the duration of the Congress.

I'd like to ask for your special prayers tonight. One of the members of our arrangements team whose name is Megan has a heavy heart tonight and needs our prayers. Today her daughter woke up with a severe headache. They took her to the doctor, and the long and short of it is that she had and MRI and they discovered a large tumor in her brain. As soon as possible they will be taking her into surgery to remove the tumor. Megan's daughter is Courtney. Please pray for Courtney, Megan and Dion (father). Megan plays a key role on our team and I'm sure this is one more way the enemy is trying to disrupt the planning for the Congress.

Key Prayer Request: Protection over the entire team preparing for the Third Lausanne Congress on World Evangelization, Cape Town 2010. Kingdom work requires intense prayer covering!

Tomorrow I fly to Singapore for my Asian Access meetings. I will be joining country leaders from across Asia. I ask for your prayers as we seek God for what he has for us in 2011. And pray for my smooth flights and good seats as I travel. I need to sleep as I'll arrive in Singapore at 5:35 AM, and have a full day of meetings.

--Elliott

No comments: