Monday, June 01, 2009

Long Day, Good Day


Got up Monday morning at 5:00 AM and was on a train by 6:30 AM to make a 2 hour + trek across Tokyo to our Asian Access office. This picture is something I'm very unaccostomed to--an empty train station! Train stations in Tokyo are rarely empty. But at 6:30 out at the airport when I got on, I was the ONLY person in the station. But by the time I got about halfway to Tokyo, the train was packed with morning commuters.

I had a very good day at our office. In the morning several of our families in the Tokyo area gathered for a brunch and a chance to say goodbye to a couple of families returning to the U.S. on home assignment for a year. The rest of the day was spent with our operations staff discussing issues and getting updates. Then I made the two + hour trek back to where my meetings will be for the rest of the week near the airport.

Key prayer requests:
  • Good sleep so I'm ready to start meetings on Tuesday afternoon
  • Safe travel for those arriving on Tuesday
  • God's counsel to us as we meet

No comments: