
"We'd like to ask you to be the CTICC Manager." (picture L-R: Lo Bothma [Director of the Arrangements Committee], Grace Mathews [Director of the Program commitee], Doug Birdsall [International Chairman and Executive Director of the Lausanne Movement])
Today was pretty important for me. I spent most of the day with the Arrangements Committee. The Arrangements Committee is responsible for all of the facility coordination for the Congress. I've really appreciated interacting with this group over the last three years. Of all the committees putting this Congress together, the Arrangements committee is the one that I feel like I'm most able to contribute to in terms of both logistics and strategic planning. So I was honored when they asked me today to take on a key role for them, Cape Town International Convention Center Manager (CTICC Manager for short).
In this role I'll be the primary liaison between all the Congress does and the staff of the convention center that is our venue. It will be a pretty challenging and complex responsibility. But I think it maximizes who I am and allows me to play a significant role in pulling everything together to facilitate around 5,500 people who will be passing through the doors over 10 days.
So I have a specific prayer request for Thursday. I will be working with the Arrangements Committee to make a presentation to the Programme Committee about the Venue, so they have the information they need to make some very key decisions about how they can design everything from the plenary sessions to over 500 small groups. We all will need the wisdom of Solomon so we don't "split the baby" so to speak.
Thank you for your prayers!
No comments:
Post a Comment