Monday, February 08, 2010

Back from Cape Town

Thanks for your prayers for me over the last week. I finally made it back, a much longer trip home than expected when my flight from London to LAX was canceled. But, the week in Cape Town was very, very productive. I'm excited about the third Lausanne Congress on World Evangelization, and being able to help facilitate it by coordinating the logistics of the convention center. With around 4500 participants possible, plus staff, we need to maximize the use of every square inch of the space. So a lot of my time was walking the halls, and drawing out possible ways to use every nook and cranny, literally.

Just before leaving Cape Town I had a couple hours to enjoy the city. The congress director, Blair Carlson, and I went to lunch on at a beachside cafe, and then we stopped by the memorial to Andrew Murray, one of my favorite authors. I highly recommend in particular his book on Humility. He is South African from the turn of the 20th century.

As you know, I need to hit the ground running. Time to focus on Asian Access for the next several weeks as we have a board meeting a week from today followed by a planning meeting in Singapore. So I have one week to get back on L.A. time before traveling the other way around the globe. I'd appreciate your prayers for health as my body catches up with me, and God's guidance as we work on positioning Asian Access for this new decade.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: