Saturday, May 22, 2010

Sun sets at Cape Town


Well, had time to take a walk along the ocean today. A beautiful sunset over the Atlantic Ocean here on the southern most tip of the African continent. It symbolizes the end to a very good 8 days of work preparing for the Lausanne Congress on World Evangelization in October.

Today I spent a few more important hours at the Cape Town International Convention Center. I walked the halls with Chris, the catering manager, and Blair, the Congress director. We needed to nail down a few more placements of tables and booths and establish where food service points will be located.

Tomorrow I'll attend the Global Day of Prayer 10th anniversary celebration at a local sports stadium. I'll look forward to worship with people from over 200 countries around the world. Then I'll leave just a bit early to make it out to the airport to begin the long trip home.

Please pray for the transfers tomorrow from the hotel to the convention center, the convention center to the sports arena, and from there to the airport. And I always appreciate your prayers for a good seat and some extra space on the flights home. It seems like the Icelandic volcano is behaving itself, so appreciate your prayers for that allowing me to head home without delay.

Back home soon!

No comments: