
The last 4 days at the Cape Town International Convention Center (CTICC) have been really tremendous. The role I've been playing for the Global Day of Prayer (GDOP) is similar on a smaller scale to what I'll be doing with Lausanne. One of the key parts is working all day each day with both my key colleague for Lausanne and our key contact at the CTICC (pictured Low Bothma, director of Arrangements for Lausanne and Gaynor Kerr of the CTICC).
I've had an inside track getting to discover all nuances of running a conference at the CTICC. A chance to see both the real strengths and where things can be improved or streamlined. This first hand experience will be invaluable as I craft a plan for everything from office space for our over 600 volunteer staff to logistic plans for moving 4000+ people around the CTICC. In addition I've been able to have appointments with key vendors who will help us with everything from layout and design of the facility to office equipment, electricity and internet connections.
Of course all this valuable experience came as part of facilitating a wonderful conference in its own right, the GDOP. Over 700 people from all over the world joined together in a powerful expression of prayer and prophetic intercession. Pictured is one wor
kshop featuring a well known prayer warrior, Cindy Jacobs. Most workshops were 30 - 60 people, but as you can see this one was over 100 people. The GDOP conference ended tonight with a communion service. Sunday I'll attend their 10 year anniversary celebration at a local sports stadium where over 200 countries will be in attendance, and over 7000 people.Tomorrow I'm back at the CTICC with some of the Lausanne staff on a reconnaissance mission to make more decisions about space usage. Please pray for wisdom as we try and maximize every square inch of the facility. Thank you for your prayers for health. Despite long days, I'm holding up. Keep the prayers coming!
No comments:
Post a Comment